As schools and districts coordinate to integrate Common Core State Standards into their curriculum, many teachers are finding the shift to be overwhelming, as their current textbooks and materials don’t align with the new curriculum. School City and Action Learning Systems have developed software to ease the transition.
The Synced Solution is a web-based application (available on mobile) that provides Common Core State Standards (CCSS) curriculum, assessment, and instruction tools for districts and schools. The Synced Solution allows schools to sync material across districts (including existing textbooks) to an integrated sequence of standards and objectives. Different schools can also sync district and school calendars and grade level and subject area instructional planning and assessments.
Some of The Synced Solution’s features include:
- A predetermined, sequenced curriculum map of the CCSS.
- A predetermined set of measurable objectives for each standard.
- Curriculum-embedded assessments that match course sequence.
- Lessons designed to meet Common Core requirements and aligned to each district’s current instructional materials.
- Searchable Common Core resource library that includes district texts and district suggested readings, links, documents, and videos.
- A platform for district-wide, grade-level teams to record their work as they design a new Common Core Curriculum.
- A calendar that pushes the pacing guide out to all users. The calendar reflects district non-instructional days and shows teachers and district leaders pacing metrics.
Teachers and administrators: to learn more about
The Synced Solution, fill out their online form here, or email them at email@example.com.